[ntp:questions] Re: Influence or reset client's poll intervall?

Daniel Kabs daniel.kabs at gmx.de
Wed Jan 19 13:32:52 UTC 2005

Dusty Bin wrote:
> Please see minpoll and maxpoll that are equally applicable to servers
> and peers:
> http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/ntpd.html#poll
> http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/confopt.html
> but I guess this doesn't help you set up an embedded system.

Thanks for the links, but I rather had a dynamic change (during runtime) in
mind. I did not want to fix the poll values through configuration.

I think, the variables queried through

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/ntpq.html

can be set, somehow. At least I thought that's what "writevar" is for. But
so far I failed.

Cheers,
Daniel Kabs
Germany
--
C++ FAQ Lite, section 23.6:
Q: What's the meaning of, Warning: Derived::f(float) hides Base::f(int)?