[ntp:questions] Re: announce: NTP FAQ v3.8

David J Taylor david-taylor at invalid.com
Fri Jan 21 14:15:02 UTC 2005

Brad Knowles wrote:
[]
> However, I think the point of this discussion was to try to come
> up with better ways to express the small values that Ulrich was
> talking about, without getting away from standard terminology.

So we are agreed that parts per million is acceptable (although I think
that values only requiring one decimal point are acceptable, i.e. a
minimum of 0.1 PPM), and that below that scientific notation (e.g.  5E-12
or 5 * 10^-12) should be used.  The latter has a nice feeling for order of
magnitude, whether 12, 13 or 14!

Cheers,
David