[ntp:questions] Asymmetric Network and Delay Questions.

Matt Kinard kinard at raytheon.com
Wed Jul 13 22:01:54 UTC 2005

I'm working on developing an NTP implementation that would possibly
include an attempt to run NTP over a highly asymmetric WAN.

I've read that NTP v3 does not handle network assymmetry very well I was
wondering if anyone could provide any details and/or specifics regarding
these issues.

My managers aren't going to be happy when I my reply to "Why can't we do
NTP over this WAN?"  is "'Cause I said so...".   Any information would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt