[ntp:questions] Drift file/Log files don't get created

derek.flake at bell.ca derek.flake at bell.ca
Fri Jul 15 19:48:05 UTC 2005

Hi,

I think I should start off by saying I'm very new to NTP, so if the
answer to this seems stupidly obvious to you, it's probably correct.
Please let me know of any other information you people would find useful
in helping me out.

I've installed the NTPD on a windows 2003 server (I downloaded the
installer GUI from the Meinberg site).  The ntp.conf file has the
following lines:

server x.x.x.x prefer                    #<-- this is the IP of a GPS
source. It gets recognized by ntpq -p as a Stratum 1

logconfig =all

logfile "C:\Program Files\NTP\etc\ntp.log"

driftfile "C:\ Program Files\NTP\etc\ntp.drift"

statsdir "C:\ Program Files\NTP\etc\ntpstats"

No files or folders are written anywhere, even after overnight tests.
Are these commands even supposed to work under a Windows environment?

Thanks!

PS. I've also got problems involving a large offset but I'd like to
address these simpler ones first.

Derek Flake

Video Networks

(613) 785-7099