[ntp:questions] Re: Cannot synchronize to server with local clock

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.isc.org
Fri Jul 22 03:19:10 UTC 2005

On 2005-07-21, Tim <tim at mail.localhost.invalid> wrote:

> I'll look into that.  I do think that I read the manual files for the

FWIW The Official NTP documentation is distributed as HTML only.
Manpages, or other forms of documentation, are maintained by third
parties.

The Official NTP documentation is linked from the NTP Documentation
Index at http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Main/DocumentationIndex

> versions I was playing with on each machine, individually, though.
> But that was a while ago. I might be better off starting anew, while
> reading the docs again, rather than modifying the config files I've
> got at the moment.
>
> I do recall, however, it being difficult to follow whether not
> trusting it meant not using it to serve out time, or not allowing
> other things to modify it.

See the Access Control Commands section of
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/accopt.html for information
about the various access control options. And there's the check-list at
http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Support/AccessRestrictions.