Using BIND - was Re: [ntp:questions] Re: How long do Ihavetowaitfor sync?

mayer mayer at gis.net
Sat Jun 4 19:40:37 UTC 2005

----- Original Message Follows -----
> mayer wrote:
> []
> > The ARM is available online, but you also have your own local copy.
> >> From Google I found this online:
> > http://www.fiveanddime.net/bind-9/bind-9.3.1/doc/arm/
> >
> > Danny
>
> Thanks for that, Danny.  Arrgh!  I don't know if it's just my Web
> browser,  but all I get there is a directory list.  Perhaps you mean:
>

> http://www.fiveanddime.net/bind-9/bind-9.3.1/doc/arm/Bv9ARM.html.html

These HTML pages come with both the Windows binaries and the source.

> This looks very complete, but I'm still looking for the single-page
> "How  to setup [simple] BIND" if anyone knows such a page....

Try this page: http://www.netadmintools.com/art24.html

Skip the compiling piece which is for unix (and a very old version
of BIND 9) and go straight to the part of setting up the files.
For Windows change the names to Windows style names including the
drive letter. For Windows only it is important to specify the
directory (in options) where the zone files reside (usually the
same directory as named.conf). Otherwise the files are identical.

Danny