Using BIND - was Re: [ntp:questions] Re: How long doI havetowaitfor sync?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid
Sun Jun 5 08:52:08 UTC 2005

You have no need to know wrote:
[]
> While this is true I wonder if it is the answer he's expecting.

Yes, and no!  I have been working with NTP and ISPs for too long!  I had
wrongly compared NTP and BIND, thinking that the multiple DNS servers you
need to set up for an ISP would also be required to be set up for a local
DNS server.  I now realise that is not the case, as everything starts from
the root servers.  Having the multiple servers on NTP (for a completely
different reason..) only confused my initial thinking further.

[Imagine - my DNS resolution is more accurate than yours....!]

Cheers,
David