[ntp:questions] Motorola GPS Products EOL Notice

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 16 16:04:01 UTC 2005

I just received the following notice from Synergy Systems, LLC.

"June 14, 2005 Dear Synergy GPS Customers, Motorola has sold its GPS
Products group to SiRF Technologies. Synergy Systems was unaware of this
transaction until the attached press release was received June 2, 2005.
On June 7th, 2005 we received a letter from Motorola stating that as
result of the sale, Motorola has announced end of life (EOL) of all its
GPS Products (i.e. modules, FS Oncore, antennas etc.). We have been
conversing with both Motorola and SiRF to seek additional clarity for
our customers, and below are the essentials: • Motorola is offering the
opportunity to place last-time-buy orders, which must be received at
Synergy Systems by July 8, 2005. Orders are subject to acceptance by
Motorola (we are not clear in what case they would refuse the order). •
Deliveries can be scheduled through December 2005. (Although Motorola
has reserved the right to ship as soon as the product is available.
Should this situation arise, Synergy will pass through the date
changes). • Last-time-buy orders are non-cancelable and non-returnable.
• Synergy recommends earliest scheduled delivery dates, as often in EOL
situations, there are not enough components to meet everyone’s needs.
While these events are very unfortunate and untimely, we are committed
to support our customers by providing alternate solutions of equal or
better value. We have GPS solutions available from Sony, in addition to
many antenna solutions manufactured to our specifications, in stock,
ready to go! Please contact our office at +1-858-566-0666 for further
assistance, or refer to our web site, www.synergy-gps.com for up-to-date
information. 9950 Scripps Lake Dr, Suite #106 • San Diego, CA 92131 •
(858) 566-0666 • FAX (858) 566-0768
www.synergy-gps.com • info at synergy-gps.com"