[ntp:questions] Re: Garmin GPS18USB and NTP on Win2k

Eugen COCA ecoca at eed.usv.ro
Thu Jun 30 08:09:19 UTC 2005

You are perfectly right. But the server runs on Win2k where I don't see
any such tool in the distribution I've installed. Maybe I have to make
a script on Excel to process the log files, or find out a UNIX system
with ntp installed and run the script there.

The things are better now when I setup ntp to interrogate the GPS only
once every 2 minutes. The local clock drift is about 5ms a minute, a
little larger to increase more the GPS reading interval. I'll make more
tests to find out the right solution - on win2k operating system,
because on UNIX family systems the best solution is already known (?).
I've disabled the "Error correction" on USB interface driver, reducing
the response time.