[ntp:questions] Re: Refclocks for the Ultra-Cheap

David Schwartz davids at webmaster.com
Fri May 6 23:48:40 UTC 2005

"Will" <DELETE_westes at earthbroadcast.com> wrote in message
news:XtqdnSGNOsfjbObfRVn-1g at giganews.com...

> I'd certainly give that approach a try, but what kind of antenna is going
> be required to pickup a Colorado radio signal from California?

    The signal is powerful and at a fairly low frequency. You should be able
to pick it up most of the time without too much trouble. However, I urge
against using such devices. I have personally had very bad luck with them,
and they generally cost about as much as a GPS receiver, which is far
superior. (Assuming you can arrange for the antenna to have a view of open
sky.)

    DS