[ntp:questions] Re: Refclocks for the Ultra-Cheap

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Sat May 7 18:54:47 UTC 2005

Brad Knowles wrote:

> At 7:08 PM -0400 2005-05-06, Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
>
>>  You can purchase a Motorla M12+T  GPS timing reciever with "hockey
>> puck"
>>  antenna and evaualation circuit board for around $200 US.
>

>     According to an announcement from Poul-Henning Kamp a while back,
> this device is in the process of being replaced.  The replacement is
> supposed to come out some time next year.  If you don't already have
> one of these things in-hand, you're going to be unlikely to find
> something suitable until the replacement comes out next year, or you
> get lucky on eBay.

I don't recall seeing any announcement from P-H-K on the subject.   I
received such an announcement from Synergy Systems a few months ago and
summarized it here.   The M12+ is still available, the last order date
from Motorola IIRC is July of this year.  Even after the final
production run by Motorola, the M12+ devices will be in the pipeline for
several months.