[ntp:questions] Re: Quasi-On_topic: System (kernel) time jumps 3600 seconds at random times. Stumped.

elickd at one.net elickd at one.net
Wed May 18 16:38:57 UTC 2005

I thought about that, but I'm seeing the problem across machines dating
back from the mid 90s to ones that have been in the field for less than
3 months.  All are IBMs ( 700 series PC Server to the latest X series
E-Server )

I've seen machines misbehave because of a dead battery before (even
though in theory the kernel clock should keep ticking along), but those
problems always seemed much more random than the 1 hour time errors I'm
seeing now.