[ntp:questions] Re: WWV audio driver, FreeBSD, Can't seem to get it going

rtxo gnu at wraith.sf.ca.us
Fri May 20 19:06:36 UTC 2005

Hi Roger--

wa6zvp at gmail.com wrote:

(...)

> I have a Traconex 1020 WWV receiver used with driver 3 which works
> rather well, so I thought I would add the audio driver (36) to the mix.

(...)

> Does anyone have any ideas on where I should go from here?

>         Roger

Try a different sound card. I've had trouble with freebsd 4.x not
working with a sound card, and the sound card works fine with
linux 2.4.x, both freebsd and linux using ntp-dev code.

I've had a sb awe64 (gold) and an sb live both working with freebsd.
An sb awe32 and an sb es1373 did not work with freebsd, although
the es1373 works fine with linux, so I know its not the particular
card. One motherboard audio device also did not work with freebsd,
although I don't recall the chipset on the motherboard. Another
motherboard chipset works fine with linux and ntp audio drivers.

Or, fix the freebsd audio driver. Other folks have complained that
the 4.x series has some broken audio stuff in it (WRT ntp working).

../Steven