[ntp:questions] Re: Accuracy of ACTS reference

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sat Nov 5 01:49:00 UTC 2005

BigHug,

Thank you for composing in plain ASCII, which is much easier for me to read.

I've had ACTS running here for the better part of a year. Accuracy and
jitter depend on the interval between calls. At 18 hours the residual
offset and jitter are in the 5-10 ms range. At 36 hours twice that.
Indiviudual measurements during a single call are much better, usually
less than a millisecond. The reduced accuracy between calls is due to
oscillator wander and different call routing for succeeding calls.

Dave