[ntp:questions] autokey restriction

Kevin Golder kgolder at spectracomcorp.com
Thu Nov 10 19:58:40 UTC 2005

I have configured a server and client using autokey w/ the IFF identity
scheme.  I'm trying to prohibit my server from responding to any client
that is not using autokey and part of my trusted group.  I have the
following two "restrict" lines in my ntp.conf file of the server to try
and do so.

restrict default ignore
restrict 10.10.0.0 mask 255.255.0.0 autokey

my server IP is 10.10.128.2
my client IP is 10.10.11.100
I thought adding the autokey option to the above restrict line should do
the trick but the server won't respond to any clients now whether
they're in the trusted group or not.  Am I going about not responding to
non-autokey clients correctly?

Thanks,
Kevin