[ntp:questions] Re: Leap second talks are postponed

gomez adams_gomez at notmail.com
Mon Nov 21 19:20:33 UTC 2005

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 20:33:45 -0500, "Richard B. Gilbert"
<rgilbert88 at comcast.net> dropped the following oil-slick:

>I believe that the requirement, in the US, for time stamping financial
>transactions is +/- 2 seconds.   Even if a system fails to handle a leap
>second properly, it should still be within specification.

Robust systems do not rely on the timestamp alone to uniquely identify
a transaction and can recover from situations where the time can be
out be several minutes,
--
gomez
Honda TransAlp,KTM 640LC Enduro (For Sale)