[ntp:questions] Re: server's address in ntp payload?

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Tue Nov 22 22:41:42 UTC 2005

David,

Not at all to prolong this discussion, but there is a simple test to
determine if multiple addresses belong to the same machine. If a
certificate with public key works and is verified for a number of
addresses, they are all on the same machine and that machine has the
private key. I do the same thing here as you do, trusted with no
authenticate and untrusted with authentication. There is a discussion on
secure hierarchical groups on the autokey protocol page and briefing at
the NTP project page.

Dave