[ntp:questions] Re: "ntpd" and hwclock

Tue Oct 4 14:26:32 UTC 2005

Terje Mathisen <terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com> writes:

[...]
> > Only when you stop NTP, though [in the Windows version].  Not during
> > routine operation, as that would affect the system time.

"that" being "set the CMOS clock chip" is exactly what we'd expect ;-)
Or is "affect system time" something different from setting the CMOS clock?
It's good to see that Windows is as broken as other OSes (not updating the
CMOS chip when a program other than the control panel sets the system time).

[...]

Regards,
Ulrich