[ntp:questions] Re: NTP for dummies

john h "jf)hawk.nospam" at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 02:52:55 UTC 2005

Hooray for your email. I have precisely the same problems. I don't want to
build a watch, I just want to know what time it is. I have a GPS time source
and want it to synchronize my bag of 15 computers consisting of several
flavors of RedHat Linux, win 98, win NT 4, win2000 winxp.
I got win xp working all I had to do was give it the ip address of my
timesource. but Linux!!! i still don't understand. I can get ntp started but
it refuses to sync and  I never see my systems time match that of my stratum
1 timeserver

Thanks to your respondants I have renewed hope that my head will recover.

news:433CC6BF.80905 at cogeco.ca...