[ntp:questions] Re: GPS Truetime NTP server and offset/jitter peak

mike michael.no.spam.cook at wanadoo.fr
Thu Oct 20 06:51:59 UTC 2005

Ralf Gross wrote:
> Martin Burnicki:
>

>>Let's see the capture output first. Then we'll see whether we must have a
>>look at the driver.
>

> Here's the result.

< snip >
> 292:23:59:59
> 292:23:59:60  <----

my watch goes 59, 00, 01 - maybe the server is on the blink

> 293:00:00:00
> 293:00:00:01
> 293:00:00:02

> 293:00:00:19
> 293:00:00:20
> 293:00:00:21 <----

   I noticed in the original post, that your reach is not 377
   on he first sample. Are there many samples missed. Unfortunately
   in the test, you did not include the system clock time in the
   output. I am wondering if this 'missing' entry is not one, but
   just the server getting it's act back together.

> 293:00:00:23 <----
> 293:00:00:24
> 293:00:00:25
< snip >