[ntp:questions] Re: Correcting my time servers clock drift on Alpha ES40s / Tru64

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sun Oct 23 15:08:36 UTC 2005

At 11:05 AM -0400 2005-10-23, Tom Smith wrote:

>  ntpd V4.2.0 built from source and started via a link named "xntpd":

	In which case, we get back to my previous comment -- anyone who
ships more modern code and calls it "xntpd" is doing their customers
a very grave disservice.

	Moreover, since the logged lines in question do not come from our
source code, they either have to come from the kernel, or they have
to come from a version of our code which has been modified.

	Which puts us right back where we were -- either upgrade to the
latest version of our code, or go to your vendor for support.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755