[ntp:questions] should I make my servers peers to each other

Bob Kryger bobk at panix.com
Thu Oct 27 14:12:00 UTC 2005

So here's the config. I have two systems that NTP sync to various
servers on the internet. I have chosen both pool.ntp.org systems and one
or two that I know are very close. I have tried to arrange it so that
each server chooses a different server on the net as it's active server
(without using preferred).

I have some 40+ systems on the inside of my network that sync to these
two boxes.

Question: Should I, does it make sense to have my two servers peer to
each other?

(BTW, I'll prob have a few other questions while setting up the inside
systems. It's been a fun and interesting project)

Bob