[ntp:questions] Re: Time sync with milliseconds with Windows XP

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 6 21:47:26 UTC 2005

Magnus wrote:

>How bad is w32Time? What precision can I expect if I use it?

W32Time is not the problem!  Windows is the problem!!!!!   Windows masks
or disables clock (and other) interrupts far too freely.   When Windows
is busy it loses clock interrupts.   When it's very busy it loses lots
of clock interrupts!

On an idle system W32Time should be able to keep the clock within 50ms
of the correct time.  On a very busy system there are no guarantees!  It
might stay within 100 milliseconds or it might not!!!!!