[ntp:questions] Time sync for WinNT4

Johnson Luqaz jluqaz at streamyx.com
Thu Sep 8 14:25:19 UTC 2005

Dear Sirs, I have an office with 800 desktops running WinNT4 /
Win2K / WinXP.  I have installed ntp4 from meinberg, which was
successful.  Third party sntp clients for large installations
come with a cost.

I have tried the following into the windows logon script;

I have loaded meinberg ntp4.2.0a on to \\windows_server
running WinNT4 SP6.

net stop w32time
net time /setsntp :ntp.yourdomain.com
net time \\windows_server /set /y
net start w32time

This seems to work on WinNT4 / Win2K / WinXP.

Some questions;
The command w32tm -once returns error messages on all WinXP.
How do you set the w32tm -period:65531?  When I tried it, the
comand would not exit...

thanks.

--
Kuala Lumpur