[ntp:questions] Testing NTP disciplining of a OCXO

Mauro Fiacco Mauro.Fiacco at ipaccess.com
Wed Sep 14 10:25:46 UTC 2005

Hi,

we managed to import NTP to a platform with a OCXO as ascillator.

The clock is generated by a counter of the 26MHz OCXO frequency.

We are able to correct both offset (which is added to the counter) and
frequency (through a DAC).

We require to mantain the frequency drift of our OCXO within 100ppb (we
do not really care about phase, a part to provide NTP with correct
timestamps), I would like to know which NTP parameters should be
modified (if any) in order to provide this grade of service.

Once we got hold of a decent NTP server (a linux PC using pps from a
stable source) we will start to test out system. Do you have some
suggestion on the best way to test our system?

Thank you,

Mauro

--
Mauro Fiacco