[ntp:questions] Re: Which ntp driver?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk
Sat Apr 1 08:28:55 UTC 2006

Danny Mayer wrote:
> It would probably be useful to set up a table in the Twiki to show
> what refclock drivers to use with which hardware along with the
> parameters that should be set for each configuration. Otherwise it
> seems like a dark art.
>
> Danny

An excellent idea, Danny, assuming that the tabel can be found by a Google
search.

As I can't edit the Wiki with my browser, you are welcome to add the
following for a Garmin GPS 18 LVC:

#       The GPS receiver on COM1 at 4800 baud
#
#       mode 1 = use $GPRMC statements
#       time1 = trimming offset
#       flag3 1 = enable Kernel PPS discipline
#
server  127.127.20.1    mode 1       prefer
fudge   127.127.20.1    time1 0.000  flag3 1  refid PPS

although that one is probably widely known!

Cheers,
David