[ntp:questions] Re: WWVB 60kHz Receiver

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Tue Apr 25 03:08:20 UTC 2006

Jonathan,

Understand the situation here has deteriorated to the point that I can't
hear the signal at all with a good antenna and communications receiver.
The signal is thorougly covered in wideband hash from the power line. A
wee OEM board and loopstick simply won't cut it with any algorithm. The
only way to do that may be to synchronoualy demodulate the I and Q
components and use a state machine and maximum likelihood decoder
similar to the algorithm used in the WWV driver.

Dave