[ntp:questions] NTP client server lost

Mauro Fiacco Mauro.Fiacco at ipaccess.com
Wed Dec 6 09:29:24 UTC 2006

> Mauro Fiacco wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > What the condition for a NTP client to decide that it has lost
> > connection to a server?

> When it doesn't get a response to a packet.

> > Can NTP be configured to always retry a particular server?

> That's what it does today. It will continue to send packets to the
> server. You'd have to reconfigure it to do otherwise. What's the real
> reason behind the question?

I need to synchronise against two particular servers on the internet
over an ADSL line.  The addresses are NAT'ed. If for any reason
the ipaddress to the internet are changed, it seems that NTP looses
connection with its servers.

"Today"? is it NTP version 4.2.2??? I am using 4.2.0 at the moment. could
you clarify that....

Many thanks.

Mauro

--