[ntp:questions] How to set up an NTP server

b r rakbsub at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 12 18:32:31 UTC 2006

Hi I need to set up an ntp server.
For now I am in a very tightly controlled network, which does not allow ntp service. I need to keep time on several servers in sync. We do not allow rdate, etc, etc. Hence I was hoping to set up a server which can act as a timeserver against which the other servers can sync. All servers are Solaris (mostly 10, with some Solaris 9).
I can find lots of documents on how to sync against a server, but nothing on how to make an ntp timeserver.
Thanks in advance
Rak