[ntp:questions] Survey of NTP surveys

Pedro Torres torres at pop-pr.rnp.br
Wed Dec 13 11:03:48 UTC 2006

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying your message.

Em Quinta 02 Novembro 2006 13:46, shoppa at trailing-edge.com escreveu:
> I would be most interested if the 2005 survey (which the authors say is
> in the publication process) reveals some details about the stratum-1's
> and their diversity of refclocks. At the time of Minar's 1999 survey
> GPS was far and away most common, and I suspect that diversity of
> refclocks has degraded even more since then.

I did a query in the NTP Survey 2005 database  and got the following answer:

refid   total
GPS     230
PPS     61
LCL     40
CDMA    34
LOCL    31
DCFa    23
ACTS    17
USNO    16
WWVB    11
SHM     10
DCFp    7
MSF     6
TRUE    5
IEN     5
INIT    5
ATOM    3
PSC     3
IMVP    2
WWV     2
PPS1    2
DCF     2
GPSi    1
PPS0    1
CSIR    1
IRIG    1
WV15    1
hopf    1
URE     1
GPS1    1
PG0A    1
NIST    1
1PPS    1
MSFa    1
JJY     1
CSO1    1

I need to update NTP Survey 2005 web page and publish two paper.

--
Pedro