[ntp:questions] Can't get time to sync with local time server

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 14 22:25:57 UTC 2006

Hal Murray wrote:

>>My local boxes cannot seem to set the time off of my server, but they
>>can query it...
>

> http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Support/TroubleshootingNTP
>
> My guess would be restrict problems.

Restrict problems come right after "is it plugged in?" and "is it turned
on?" in the troubleshooting process but I think they have nothing to do
with this problem.  The server is reporting itself as "stratum 16" or
"I'm not synchronized!".  Since it hasn't a clue what time it is, nobody
should be trying to synchronize with it.