[ntp:questions] Problems building 4.2.2p4 on Mac OS X 10.1.5

Pierre Dubuc pldubuc at yahoo.ca
Sat Dec 23 16:37:25 UTC 2006

I'm attempting to build 4.2.2p4 on the following box:

Beige Mac G3 (Open Firmware 2.4)
Mac OS X 10.1.5 (a.k.a. "Puma")
Developer Tools CD as of September 2001
Running "cc --version" reports "2.95.2"
Running "make --version" reports "GNU Make version 3.79.1 built
for powerpc-apple-darwin5.5"
The OS comes pre-loaded with ntpd version 4.0.95, which I'm
trying to replace with the current production version.

I've posted the output from running configure at
http://pages.infinit.net/quatorze/configure.txt. The file is
25KB.

I've also posted the output from running make at
http://pages.infinit.net/quatorze/make.txt. The file is 99KB.

The last messages there seem to point to a problem finding
"getnameinfo", but I have no idea what I'm missing.

I'm trying to avoid spending any money on such an old box, and
upgrading the OS to 10.2.8 ("Jaguar") seems the maximum I can do
on this hardware without resorting to using XPostFacto.

Any suggestions so I can complete the build?

Thanks.

--
Pierre Dubuc