[ntp:questions] Problems building 4.2.2p4 on Mac OS X 10.1.5

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Sat Dec 23 19:34:06 UTC 2006

getnameinfo() is provided in libc (or somewhere equivalent) on recent
systems (those with IPv6 support, I suspect).

If you can find it in another library you can add that library to the link
list and see if that solves your problem.

We do provide an implementation for older systems, it is in
libntp/ntp_rfc2553.c .

I also recommend you try the latest ntp-dev release instead - it will become
ntp-stable in just a little while (by the end of the year, I expect, and
there are just a few patches remaining to go in, none of which should
affect you).