[ntp:questions] Re: offset of two acts servers

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Feb 3 14:40:17 UTC 2006

rtxo,

Verily the ACTS driver does comply with the NIST delay calibration
scheme. Note that different calls to the NIST services do show rather
different delays, presumably due to different routing in the public
telephone network. However, the delay compensation scheme works very
well. From the delays you show for other Internet servers, the
difference, probably due to assymetric routing, is not suprising.

Dave