[ntp:questions] What does "IP error" mean?

Garrett Wollman wollman at csail.mit.edu
Fri Feb 3 22:17:08 UTC 2006

I'm trying to set up autokey/IFF on our servers here.  I was able to
get things going between two (peer) servers yesterday with little
difficulty.  But adding the third server has proved problematic.  One
side reports:

ind assID status  conf reach auth condition  last_event cnt
  8  3051  e071   yes   yes   ok     reject    IP error  7

The other side thinks:

ind assID status  conf reach auth condition  last_event cnt
  1 19604  c000   yes   yes   bad    reject

"IP error" is not defined anywhere -- it's not in the Wiki, it's not
in the RFC, and while the code defines a manifest constant
EVNT_PEERIPERR, it's not actually *used* anywhere in the daemon so I
can't even find where it gets set.

All three servers have their own individual "trusted" certificates and
a common IFFpar file (using the same, trivial password).

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman    | As the Constitution endures, persons in every
wollman at csail.mit.edu | generation can invoke its principles in their own