[ntp:questions] Re: Drift handling....

Eugen COCA ecoca at eed.usv.ro
Sun Jan 1 18:36:39 UTC 2006

I think it's about Windows (and/or the NTP implementation). On FreeBSD,
with the same GPS receiver there where no leap second problems.

Have a look to:

https://ecoca.eed.usv.ro/mrtg/ntp1usvro_offset_server2-day.png

The "critical" moment was at 2 o'clock (UTC+2) - nothing special to
observe :). This is FreeBSD with GPS.

But please have a look to:

https://ecoca.eed.usv.ro/mrtg/ntp3usvro_offset_server2-day.png

Interesting things ... This in Windows with GPS.

I have 3 Windows 2000 servers and all three had the same problem as
yours - but I restarted the ntp service (about 15-20 minutes after
23:59:60UTC) and, with a STEP correction the problem was automaticaly
solved.