[ntp:questions] Re: Time set backward

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Jan 6 18:55:10 UTC 2006

Sivakumar,

In the reference implementation that leaves here, packets are sent
regardless of whether the time has been set forward or backward. In the
kernel implementation that leaves here, time is always monotonically
increasing except when explicitly set backward more than two seconds.
This may not account for various modifications by folks after the code
has left here.

Dave