[ntp:questions] Re: Looking for time sync hardware supported under Linux for under $400?

Mark Hansen meh at NOSPAMwinfirst.com
Wed Jan 18 20:28:52 UTC 2006

On 01/18/06 11:24, David Sullivan wrote:
> Mark Hansen wrote:
>> > The Garmin  GPS-18LVC uses the NMEA driver.
>>
>> Thanks. I found that Garmin sells a PC version of this receiver, which
>> is made to plug into the serial port, so no adapters/converters are
>> necessary. Here's a link to someone that sells it:
>>

> This version has no PPS output though, negating it's value as a timing
> GPS receiver.
>
> David.

Rats, I didn't notice that. I guess the LVC is the only model that should
be used then?

I was going to run a cable to my roof, so I guess I would have to think
about some type of TTL to RS-232 line driver...

Thanks,