[ntp:questions] Re: This is tougher than I thought?

Axonn axonnus at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 11:12:14 UTC 2006

Hi again David, thanks for your time.

I work in various programming languages... this particular program I'm
working on is largely in C++ but has a Visual Basic side too and some
other flavors as well. As far as I can "smell" your code looks like my
first programming language, Pascal, that is now Delphi. I am a bit
ashamed to confess that I don't know that much about packets. Even
though about 3 years ago I programmed an IRC bot in Delphi, that was
using built in Delphi socket support and I am not so familiar with the
packet term. I know what it is, how it works but this ain't enough. As
far as I see in your code, it's pretty clear that your packet has a
certain size... but... packets need an IP and other info which gets
filled by whom? Sorry, really, I know that I shouldn't bother people
here with this, I am too much of a newbie in some areas. I've been into
programming only 8 years now out of which only the past 3 were more
intensive.

As for my program... well... it works on NT 4 but I haven't tested it
yet. It uses some features like layered windows which are only
available on NT 5 and greater. So before saying that it works on NT 4
and 9x I gotta first install it there and make sure all code that
refers to NT 5 features is separated properly and doesn't crash. When
complete it will work on any Windows from 95 (included) above. Right
now I'm working to fix a few gremlins that have been pesting me since
yesterday at the functionality which replaces the systray clock with my
clock. This weekend sure is full of work... which I'm gonna go back to
right now...