[ntp:questions] ntp on a closed of network

Ajit ajit at onmobile.com
Mon Jan 23 11:21:17 UTC 2006

Hi Dave,
	See Danny's mail below, in reply to mine.

Please let me know what configuration can be used for the scenario below.
Any ideas on what configuration Danny is refering to and where i can find
documentation for the same ??
Regards,
Ajit

---Danny's mail----
Ajit wrote:
> Hi,
>  I need to configure ntpd on a closed network (3 machines - no external
> clocks available) to ensure all machines have their clocks in sync.
> Is there better option than to configure 1 machine as server in
ntpd.conf??
> Can i get 3 peers to sync?? Any hints on appropriate ntpd.conf ?
> Regards,
> Ajit

Yes, Dave recently implemented a new scheme which basically does that. I
don't know a lot about it, but it's in the latest ntp-dev tarballs.

Danny