[ntp:questions] Re: This is tougher than I thought?

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 26 01:03:00 UTC 2006

Per Hedeland wrote:

>In article <GvmdneNrkM49_0renZ2dnUVZ_smdnZ2d at comcast.com> "Richard
>B. Gilbert" <rgilbert88 at comcast.net> writes:
>

>>Harlan Stenn wrote:
>>

>>>A threaded newsreader is all that's needed, right?
>>>

>No. I use an excellent threaded newsreader (I've

<snip>

>Well, there are plenty of free newsreaders that run on Solaris
>around...

If you can figure out which piece of software it is.   90% are called
G*, where G seems to represent Gnu and * has little or nothing to
suggest what the function of the package might be.  Netscape meets my
very modest needs.

>>Netscape does, however, quote the text I'm replying to automagically!
>>

>As any decent newsreader should. Perhaps you could also look into
>trimming the quotes, and putting your comments next to the thing they're
>commenting?:-) Seeing that your posting style is at the other extreme
>from Harlan's.:-) (With the "quote everything and put new text at one
>end" style, I actually prefer that the new text is (shudder) placed at
>the top...)

Placing the new text at the top seems most logical to me as well but
usenet custom decrees otherwise. . . .
<snip>