[ntp:questions] Re: Do we need / should be have a refclock?

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at SystematicSW.Invalid
Mon Jul 10 03:59:30 UTC 2006

On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 17:48:58 GMT in comp.protocols.time.ntp, "David J
Taylor" <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk>
wrote:

>Brian Inglis wrote:
>[]
>> The Windows machines can be set up as SNTP clients to your two NTP
>> servers using built in Windows internet time facilities.
>
>.. or you can run "real" NTP on Windows as well using, for example, the
>Meinberg build:
>
>  http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm
>
>and have the benefits of better timekeeping performance, and the ability
>to monitor remotely.

Had the OP said Windows servers, I'd agree, but he mentioned only
desktops, for which NTP is overkill IMHO.

--
Thanks. Take care, Brian Inglis 	Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Brian.Inglis at CSi.com 	(Brian[dot]Inglis{at}SystematicSW[dot]ab[dot]ca)
    fake address		use address above to reply