[ntp:questions] Re: wwv audio testing

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sun Jul 30 16:40:32 UTC 2006

Steven,

The tool works for IRIG, too. The problem with the WWV generator is that
there is no feedback loop correcting for the audio codec intrinsic
frequency error. The only way to do this is looping the soundcard output
to input and disciplining the generator to the system clock as
maintained by NTP. Not really hard, but intricate.

Dave