[ntp:questions] Re: Fedora Core 5 NTP won't synchronize -- condition reject

dan.jakubiec at gmail.com dan.jakubiec at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 03:04:15 UTC 2006

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the suggestion.  My current config only uses one server
(from my company in San Diego, CA).  But my original NTP configuration
used the following NTP servers:

  0.pool.ntp.org
  1.pool.ntp.org
  2.pool.ntp.org

I saw similar results with both configs.

So I just loaded a config which changed these all to use
X.us.pool.ntp.org (I'm assuming that is the best for Hawaii, would you
agree?).  So far, it hasn't helped the problem, but I'll keep watching
it:

ntpq> pe
jitter
 pkix-gw.codefab 66.187.224.4     2 u    4   64  377  134.579  -17555.
1265.80
 ntp.derobert.ne .GPS.            1 u    8   64  377  154.698  -17522.
1277.83
 monster.schulte 128.101.101.101  3 u    7   64  377  181.682  -17152.
1530.68

I will try to kick my son off of his Xbox a little later and see if it
makes any difference (see my previous post).  Also, note that the other
Linux box on my home network is sync'ing fine to the above servers.

--
Dan Jakubiec