[ntp:questions] Re: Can sychronize with a slightyly different NTP versios

DavidO davidproc at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 1 21:41:24 UTC 2006

My server  is  synchronized, when I do an "> ntpq -c as" it displays:

ind assID status  conf reach auth condition  last_event cnt
  1 64348  9614   yes   yes  none  sys.peer   reachable  1

and "ntpq -p" replys:

jitter
*LOCAL(0)        LOCAL(0)         5 l   11   64  177    0.000    0.000
 0.015

Which is telling me that the unit 192.168.10.38 (the server) is
synchronized to itself. But you are right there is something wrong with
the way other units are looking to the sever units. Should I change the
stratum of the server to 2 or  3?
Thanks for your help...