[ntp:questions] Re: Setting Up NTP Subnet

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Thu Mar 9 23:42:50 UTC 2006

Bill Myers wrote:

> Reliability and synchronization is most important.  <10 millisecond accuracy
> is probably sufficient.  Large financial with 100's of locations.
> International.  Has experienced financial loss due to NTP failure.
>
> ~Bill

I assume from this that you are timestamping transactions and that is
the reason for your concern. I'd definitely buy a number of refclocks of
different varieties and install them internally but in a number of
different locations and then set up the critical systems to point to
them as well as a number of external S1 sources. Terje has indicated how
he has done this for his company and he has some good advise here.

Danny