[ntp:questions] Re: out of memory with rc1!

jkline john at johnkline.com
Wed Mar 15 03:02:11 UTC 2006

>>> Where is this notice on that website?  I don't see it...

I'm running rc1 on FreeBSD 6.0 and I'm not seeing any memory problems;
but I did find the reference on the pool.ntp.org configuration page.
It is being reported as a LINUX issue and, as such, may not have
anything to do with the out of memory being reported here.

http://www.pool.ntp.org/join/configuration.html
>>Typical problems
>>"Out of memory"
>>Some linux distributions defaults to only allowing an application to lock 32KB memory. An ntpd in the >>pool requires more than that. In the ntpd startup script (often /etc/init.d/ntpd) add this before ntpd is >>started:
>>ulimit -l 8192

I also found this:

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/archive/index.php/t-36725.html