[ntp:questions] ntp.drift contains 9 x 0x00 bytes, and ntp.drift.TEMP is present?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk
Tue May 9 12:43:59 UTC 2006

I needed to reboot my Windows XP Pro PC the other day, and I now note that
after restart, the ntp.drift file contained 9 bytes of zero, and there was
an ntp.drift.TEMP file containing "-17.757", which is about the expected
value.  Any idea what might cause ntp to use an alternate drift file, and
will it save the correct drift value across the next restart?

This is with the Meinberg V4.2.0b at 1.1436 build.

Thanks,
David