[ntp:questions] Re: Problems with the Timezone

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Thu May 11 18:58:43 UTC 2006

Marvin Garcia wrote:

> I think now we are getting to the point.
> But what i dont get is why with a local reference clock i always used
> GMT-4 in solaris and even in windows has always work fine with GMT-4.
> But now that we decided to change to a external reference clock the
> timezone have to change. that's what i dont now why?

Yet we've discussed how to make your operating system behave as expected.

As I already mentioned before, if your OS' time steps when you let it
synchronize to your local refclock instead of the internet time servers
then we should find out why this happens. I'm assuming it is due to the
configuration of your refclock, or due to your configuration of ntpd for
that refclock.

A little bit more information about the type of your refclock and how you
have configured ntpd for that clock would really be helpful.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren