[ntp:questions] Re: Symmetricon bc635PCI-U

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Wed May 17 20:03:02 UTC 2006

Greg,

Is there an existing driver that could handle these cards as well?

>>> In article <4B73D9EBE2327E40B4D69822D7C45802033924DA at sjmail1.symmetricom.com>, GDowd at symmetricom.com (Greg Dowd) writes:

Greg> There have been a few implementations of a refclock driver for the
Greg> bc635/637PCI cards. (-U indicates universal signaling for pci, 635 is
Greg> the base model type and 637 indicates gps version).  There has also
Greg> been a strong pushback for years now against allowing a new driver
Greg> into the distribution.  To be honest, I'm not sure what's out there
Greg> now but I don't see one in the list.  Having said that, if you don't
Greg> hear otherwise, I'll make you one but I don't know if it will be
Greg> maintained in the ntp distro.